Belmont County House Numbering services are administered through the 9-1-1 offices. It is separate from the emergency dispatching duties. Please do not dial “9-1-1” for house number inquiries.
The following is required to apply for a house number:
- You must fill out a House Numbering Application (available by clicking the Online House Number Application icon below). You may also pick one up at the 9-1-1 Center or have one emailed, mailed or faxed to you. Call the number listed below for the email, mail or fax option.
- You must provide your contact information and DETAILED directions to the property needing a house number.
- You must know where you will be putting your driveway.
- The driveway MUST be marked along the road with a stake. The stake MUST have your last name on it. IF A STAKE IS NOT PLACED AS INSTRUCTED, YOUR NEW NUMBER WILL NOT BE ASSIGNED!!!
- If you know the 5-digit address of either property next to yours, please provide that on the application as well.
- Additional information, like a Parcel Number and GPS Coordinates are helpful, if you know them.
Turn around time for receiving new house numbers may vary, but usually takes up to 2 weeks to process. It depends on the number of applications received in a week’s time, the availability of the staff to go out and measure your property, and the ease of finding the location. Please be patient. You will be notified by mail of the new house number as soon as it is assigned.
If the property needing a number is within the limits of a city or village, you must obtain a new house number from that city or village. Belmont County only assigns numbers to rural properties outside of those limits.
If you are in need of an address assignment, you may call one of the following numbers for House Numbering questions or application requests:
(740) 699-0398 or (740) 699-0399
If you are in need of a green REFLECTIVE House Number Sign for your property (like in the picture above), the Belmont County Fire and Squad Officers Association sells them for $20.00 each. You may click on the following link to download the application. Mail it to the address listed on the form.